Moment's View


Courtesy of BetaNews

Last night I actually got a full night's sleep, only getting up once. This morning the temperature was pleasant and I could smell the coffee brewing. Considering how the day was shaping, I decided to send the day editing my manuscript and maybe tweaking the website. Well after prematurely texting how great my morning was going, I neglected to notice the water bottle had a leak. The result was a desk full of wet papers and a computer and printer getting soaked on the bottom.

Life tends to lob grenades at us when we least expect it, this morning being a prime example. The key to our success at anything is how well we handle those situations. I'll be the first to admit, my blood pressure shot up a little bit. And my mind was going every which way thinking the worst.  But more rational thoughts prevailed and I got the situation is under control. With the added bonus of discovered a newly purchased cable doesn't work.

My point here is simple, don't assume anything. Actually it's that cooler heads do prevail and that having a “hissy fit” doesn't solve a thing. Although it can cause you to lose friends, make co-workers mad, or give you a heart attack. While I did have me a bit of a “fit”, I do feel it was a much lighter than what I usually experience. So I'll chalk that up as an win.

Listen we are not perfect, and we do stupid all the time. The thing is how do you fix your stupid and get on with life. What started to look like a crappy day was actually just a bump in the road. And the thing to take away from it is, besides checking the bottom of your water bottles; is to look at things from a greater perspective and not just the things at a moment's view. Life is hard enough, why let spilled water make it worse. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze