Cracked Rear View


While rearview mirrors serve an important purpose, constantly looking into them will get you killed. We all live with regrets of one form or another and living your life thinking of what might have been isn't really living. In my own life there are so many things I could have done differently, maybe even better. Still I live in this moment and not in the past or the future. The decisions I've made are the things I have to live with, but it doesn't mean they have to dictate my future. 

So while rolling back the clock can have disastrous consequences: living with a clock that's stopped is just as b. The thing is live your life now, don't let second guessing myself become the rule. What was a bad decision twenty years ago may not be so wrong today or vice versa.


The point is learn from your mistakes and go from there. All we can do is live this life as best we can and leave the world in a little better shape than we found it. Once you accomplish that the rest is gravy. Our minds have a funny way of reliving old wounds. The secret is to let those things go and be in the moment. By making peace with the baggage you end up making more room for living. Don't live your life reliving the past, be who you are right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze