Breathe

FD Thornton 2017
While jotting down some notes for a new story, an old friend of mine messaged me. For about an hour we caught up with each other like old friends sometimes do. But during the conversation I was very surprised to discover this particular acquaintance had been keeping up with my work. Considering the limited contact we have had, I assumed they hadn't even heard of my work or seen my website or blogs. My friend mentioned how it took quite a bit of talent to pursue so many interests. After enjoying the stroking of my ego for a moment, I replied that talent was not always as important as passion and heart.

Soon after the conversation ended, I was browsing through You Tube for something light to watch. In my search I stumbled upon the Green Day video for I'm Still Breathing. I’ve watched this video at least 20 times since it was first released. The message Green Day presents is a strong one dealing with survival and living life. You see after my heart attack, the idea that how I lived my life became more important than just living it. In fact the line I’m still breathing has become important mantra for me. 

I wasted so much time going through the motions. I mean I would make plans and set goals, but I wasn't living. I was only allowing the failures of the past and my concerns for the future rob me of the here and now. Lying in that hospital bed for seven days taught me that letting go is often the best course of action, that the pursuit of my passions is way more important than the simple pursuing a living. Far too many times we go through the motions and if you’re not too careful, moments turn into decades.

To tie this conversation into a pretty little bow let me say, by living my passion d telling stories am living a life I only once dreamed. While at the moment the fruits of my labor are only starting to bloom; seeing how my words have already touched other's lives is way more satisfying than silver or gold. The fact that I'm still breathing is message enough to live my remaining years in the moment. So after reading all my blah, blah, blah the thing to remember is; how can't you make others happy unless you're happy yourself? Live your life in contentment, and don't allow the pressures of living to rob you of your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze