Endless Loop

FD Thornton ©2017
Restless and bored, my life seems to have become this revolving endless loop of routine. I wake up, I take pills, I drink decaf, I got dressed, I check emails, I reply to emails, I make calls, I make decisions, I write, I write again, I answer more emails, I make more decisions, I text,  I go to sleep, I wake up, I write some more. I can’t seem to be able to get out of my own head for a minute. 
I’m pretty damn sure no one reading this feels the lest bit sorry for me. Because you all have our own revolving loops to run through. I would guess that if we spend a third of our live sleeping, the other two-thirds spent in routine. I suppose my one refuge is walking. While I walk, either through the park or around the block, I do my best not to think of anything but what I see in front of me. 
So as I lay here between routines, I suppose the best thing I can say. Don’t let your routines become who you are. Balance work with play, and balance doing with just being. The rewards for doing this are simply beyond measure.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze