Laugh at Yourself



Image by: FD Thornton - 2017

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself to maintain your sanity. The last two weeks have been a bit of a marathon. With the release of my book, replying to well wishers, sending messages; all the while maintaining my normal work load. But in the middle of all the hoopla, sometimes you can get a little full of yourself. Being the human that I am it’s safe to say I was beginning to think everything I touched would turn to gold. 

But you know what that doesn’t last long, because reality sets in and reminds you; you still have to  put on your pants one leg at a time. In other words not every review is going to love you. And not every clever remark you make is going to hit the target. I know it’s sad, but that’s the way to world works. Other than developing a bit of a thick skin, you got to develop a sense of reality about yourself. Just because you wrote a great story yesterday, doesn’t mean lighting going to strike the same way twice.

For me sometimes inspiration comes in spurts, sometimes I have to fight with myself to get what I want on the page. Then sometimes you can write something that just gets you through the day. Then come to discover, you inspired a bunch of people with what you said. Putting yourself out there is a crazy thing. Putting yourself out there and while having self-esteem issues is even crazier. 

The thing is don’t take everything too seriously. Far too many times the point I’m trying to make and the point someone else is picking up are two different things. The thing is have faith in yourself and work at perfecting your craft. Don’t leave your future to just fate. And remember to laugh it might save you from yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze