Learn to Love


I think about a lot of things that lie beyond these four walls. I suppose it goes back to my Christian upbringing that told me to think of others first. I may have turned my back on religion, but I can’t turn a blind eye to the injustice I seen. Most religions can find a loophole to justify their selfish agendas. For far too long I beat my head against the wall to get organizations to put people first. Instead I found a bloated bureaucracy more intent on hoarding their bank accounts, than helping the neediness of these.

After my breakdown and health issues, my empathy and compassion only grew. Instead of becoming more selfish, I looked for more ways to be more compassionate. A young Aussie reminded me Karma isn’t something you can save up. It must be given away. So I try everyday to give a little something back. A kind word or a self-deprecating joke, anything to give a little joy to a hurting world.

But what do I see around me? A world gone mad with selfishness and hate. A world that turns a blind eye to injustice. A world that has given up on building up and is now hell bent on destruction. And the very faith that claimed passion, simply waits for the end and eventual judgement. But oh what a surprise awaits them.

Lord knows I don’t wish to sit upon a high horse and pass judgement on anyone. My life is full of mistakes and wrong turns. So many in fact, I’d be laughed out of any appointed seat. But that does not excuse us from doing what must be done. To shallow a little pride and admit I am wrong. Show a little compassion without any favor in return. We talk about a world gone mad. Well stopping that anger begins with you and I. So how about we quit complaining and learn to love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze