Better Days

Got up a little earlier than I normally do, but I did get a few things out of the way so hopefully the day won't be so boring. When you have panic disorder you like to hear someone say, it's going to be a boring day. Too many times I remember getting anxious because I knew I had to go somewhere or do something outside my comfort zone. Those feelings would keep me up for days worrying.

To be honest I still have days like that, just a few weeks ago I had to drive my daughter to Savannah, Georgia to catch a plane. Considering I grew up in Savannah and lived there 36 years, you'd think even with panic I'd be used to it. Well I wasn't, her flight was at 8am which meant going through rush hour traffic to get to the airport. Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck by the time I got out of there.

Looking back on that experience I can't say I learned anything, besides the fact that I'm glad I left there. I guess my point is I made it. No matter how uncomfortable it was I got through it. Now this doesn't make me want to go back and do that again any time soon. What it does give me is another arrow in my quiver against the panic and anxiety I live with. None of us are perfect and at some point we all fail. But at least try and move forward and create  a better day for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze