A Clutter-Less Life


I’m learning to not keep a lot of shit hanging around. In the first ten years we lived up here, I accumulated a lot of stuff. Gadgets, tools, you know the usual man stuff. But when we moved deeper into the “red state”, I just started giving up a lot of the crap I thought I needed. Instead of files and hard drives, I store most all my work of the cloud. All my writing is on Office 365 so I can move it between my laptop and phone. And all my work with my publisher is handled digitally. It can be aggravating if the internet connection is bad, but for the most part I enjoy my clutter-less life.

There are still a lot of us that carry a ton of baggage. You know what I mean, old wounds, past mistakes, and scares that show up like a brand. While I can’t change my past, I can certainly unburden myself of the chains. Sometimes life requires a lot of apologizing to those we hurt and a lot of forgiveness for those who hurt us. The secret is are you willing to do the work?

The vast majority of us walk through life in a fog. Getting up every morning doing nothing but wash, raise, repeat. Or worse yet we get up with the intention of serving no one but ourselves. Ego is a tricky thing, it can serve you well or force you to serve it. Life isn’t about the junk we accumulate, it’s about so much more. If nothing else, standing on the ledge has taught me one thing. That stuff ain’t shit but leaving a legacy of love and respect is everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze