Only Room For One

It’s been one of those mornings. Got up around 3 am, wrote a poem, created an image for it, posted it, then finally went back to sleep. Got up a little after 8 am, checked my glucose, made the bed, got dressed, took my medicine, and my phones been going off ever since. I’m sitting here in front of this screen and even the laptop is lagging. Looks like it’s going to be a wonderful day (I’ll let you decide rather that’s cynicism or optimism).

At the moment my oldest just bouncing into the room to wish me a “Good Morning!”. Holding my head like I’m just coming off a three-day-bender, there’s only room for one psycho in this house today. Sucking down my last drop of decaf for the day and I’m asking myself, why did I get out of bed? So welcome to my morning. Enjoying it so far?

In all honesty I’m not the Lone Ranger here, lots of you wake up the same way. Like you took a beating before you even started. Mine can be contributed to past bad behavior and frankly my currently bad behavior. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for every moment I get it’s a blessing to still take a breath every morning. While I don’t expect younger people to really understand this, but we are the fruition of our past actions and thoughts.

Now that doesn’t mean our every past deed condemns us to something bad. I believe it has more to do with learning from those missteps and trying to do better. Believe me, none of us are perfect we are all bond by our passions to do stupid shit. The thing is try. Try and do the best you can. I believe effort is rewarded just as much as achieving. Also forgive yourself, because without forgiveness we have nothing. So take care and live your life, right now I’m going to stick my head in a sink of ice water.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze