In Their Eyes


Through the lens of mindfulness and love I see through the eyes of our soul. Behind the beauty, I see struggle, I see pain. And I can’t help but wonder what put that hurt behind those eyes. - FDT

Recently I was looking at some images of a friend. Behind the promotional shots and images of creativity, I could not help but see the sadness in their eyes. I know I shouldn’t pry into someone else’s thoughts, but something within me cannot help but worry and sympathize about the situation.

I suppose that comes from all the dark times where the only person I could count on was myself. For so long no one knew the hell I was going through. I internalized everything to the point where it nearly killed me. That explains why I am now such an open book, which means I could never run for public office. I empathize that we are a tribal people, we developed over the millennia into a society animal. That is because our ancestors realized there is strength in numbers. To assume we can make it on our own is a myth. At some point it took a village to create the person you are today.

Our lives are but a brief moment in time. Be honest with yourself. Find a constructive outlet for the pain you feel. Rather it’s exercise, art, meditation, or just old fashion communication; find your peace. As for the people you see around you that are hurting, don’t be afraid to ask. Let them know you are concerned for their wellbeing. Don’t come to them in some judgmental, condescending way. Instead go to them with compassion and love. If enough of us would do that, what a wonderful world we could create.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze