One Soul

What is love? Is it sacrifice or a need to give? Can it be just a connection or a point of contact. A place where two souls exist as one. We often speak of our love, but it’s unexplainable really. Two souls with lives of their own, lost and unfulfilled by what they see around them. Until that moment, that connection, deeper than any physical act. It’s a bond that defies explanation, to the point that where it even leaves us confused.

Throughout my life I have seen acts of love. I’ve watched love grow and I’ve watched love die. What we have is more than a passing infatuation or some unfulfilled fantasy. It’s a bond that has shaped us in ways that has literally changed our lives. But how were we to know that love would bond us the way that it has. That whatever came afterword’s pale’s in comparison. All I know is how I feel. Is it wrong to feel a bond this strong, that on the surface people would see it as crazy? Yet between you and I, it’s the most natural thing.

No one may ever understand our story. To be frank, I think it scares me a little sometimes. But that hasn’t stopped it from being what it is. A bond that has defied time, marriages, and location. I guess what I’m trying to say is, let’s just accept what fate has given us. And despite whatever barriers may stand between us, the fact remains you are mine and I am yours. Forever one heart, one mind, and one soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze