Just a Bad Day


Some mornings just aren’t that great. I had a good six hours of sleep last night, but woke up feeling tight. I’m not super uncomfortable, but my chest and gut are tight. So at the moment I’m just waiting for the medication to kick in. I really don’t like talking about my physical condition, it tends to worry people. But I’ve noticed when I do talk to myself, it tends to ease the stress that is definitely a trigger for my anxiety and ultimately my physical pain.

My panic disorder usually expresses itself through health issues. Worrying about catching my breath or a tingling in my chest can trigger all kinds of “what if” scenarios in my mind. It’s a vicious circle of physical and mental signals that can make for a fairly uncomfortable life. Often I calm my mind by reasoning with myself that it’s just the panic kicking in. I pay attention to my breathing, and I listen to the fear that is welling up inside me. I have discovered through mindfulness training that listening compassionately to the fear often calms the voices. I also discovered that my writing can be a form of therapy. By giving my anxiety a voice to express itself.

Listen you not be able to express your emotions with words, and that is fine. You can release fear and anger through things like exercise, music, or even by working on your car. The point is find a constructive outlet for that built up emotion you carry inside yourself. Your life will be so much better without all the excess baggage of built up angry or fear. Rather it’s stress, panic disorder, or just a bad day; remind to give yourself time to breathe, listen, love yourself, and let go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze