The Circle


I look out across the water and I’m reminded of days past. Of hot summer afternoons, sand gnats, and swimming to the sand bar. I ask myself where have I gone from there? What have I learned?I suppose I learned what giving really is and how to look beyond my own selfish needs. How to care about others and how to be a good friend. Nothing just appears out of thin air. Knowledge is passed on to us from those we observe.

For me school was sitting around the kitchen table or hanging around under the mossy oak trees. Swatting sand gnats like a barefoot as a river rat. I was born an observer, a watcher of the stories around me. I remember the lessons, the sermons, the confusions in the night. The emotion, the pain, and the joy. The fear, the ignorance, and the regrets.

Time is never kind, it simply moves on. Burying it’s dead and giving birth to new life. Never giving a second thought as it slowly matches on. You can’t simply bury the past, you learn what it teaches and move on. Passing on those lessons to the next generation sitting at your feet. The water's still there, but just a little bit different. Because time passes on the memories, so we can continue the circle that generations began before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze