Adjustments

Be a good boy, my daughter often reminds me. But sitting around this house is driving me crazy. But I got two more weeks before my next check-up and so far the medication seems to be working. It’s funny how one minute you are living happily with your vices. The next you are clanging to life popping 21 pills a day so you can hopefully see tomorrow.

I don’t mean to sound so mellow dramatic. My daughter often tells me I’m not pitiful enough. But she’s sat through enough emergency room visits to know the score. The key for me is to remain calm. I’ve noticed when I allow the world to come in, my blood pressure raises and I start feeling ill. But if I stay within my “125 mile zone of solitude” I’m usually fine.
 
I often like to push myself. Skipping a meal or working in the yard too hard. But for each of these seemingly positive things there’s a price for me to pay. This doesn’t mean I got to stop living. It simply means I have to make adjustments and go accordingly.

Each of us have our own barriers to live through. Rather it’s a fear to overcome or a new challenge to endure. The key is making the right adjustments and moving forward. There are a hell of a lot of things I can’t do anymore and I’ve got to learn to accept that. But that doesn’t mean I quit fighting. Life is a precious gift, even if it’s damaged. So treat it with the respect and reverence it is owed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze