Single Candle


Through the sand and the scrub oaks I searched for truth. And the one thing I’ve learned is, the journey is way more important than the goal. I’ve logged a many a mile on those sandy oak trails. Looking up into the towering pines and searching the trail for deer tracks. In that silent mediation I learned to appreciate the life I have. The people that surround me and the beauty in the simplest of things.

We often set goals for ourselves, rather it’s simply completing a daily task. Or something more complex, like achieving goal with our lives. Now there is nothing wrong with planning for your life. Just don’t let that vision rob you of the moments you are now living. There’s an old say, “You can’t see the forest for the trees”. Well here it simply means, you are looking beyond where you now stand.

Within my own life I thought I was going to be so many different things. I’d rather not waste your time listing each one, but trust it’s a lot. But with many of these experiences, I lost sight of the forest. I lost sight of the moment which I was in, let watching my kids grow up, watching my parents grow old. Missing the signs that there was trouble ahead. All this and more because I was always looking ahead.

I don’t believe in forever. I do believe in lineage and the paths of thought. But I do have faith, faith in the better angels of our character. Faith that as I walk through the pathways of this life, I grow. Listen I’m resigned to the fact that I’ll never be famous or even well quoted. But I can hold up one single candle. To light a path ahead towards the truth.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze