Draw Back the Flame


Draw Back the Flame

Where do we come from? The embers of our existence or the flame in which we are formed. Life is a series of survival skills with sprinklings of joy scattered throughout. Spinning out of control, often with no rhyme or reason. So we brand purpose to ourselves following the herd to slaughter.

My life is made up of the simple needs of love and acceptance. Often giving up my own will to obtain it. But is love supposed to work that way? Are we simply a vessel which multitudes are allowed to drank? Left drained like an empty glass with nothing to give. My religious upbringing would call me weak and un-giving. But my heart demands more.

From this point I feel your heart and you identify with my story. Chained to walls which we will never break free. Listening to the cries of gratitude, only to be left cold as stone. We draw life from the embers of existence. Only wishing to feel the flames of love once again. But are those things too late for us? Are the embers too cool to draw back the flame?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Focus on Living

From Myself