Hard Left

I’m sitting here underneath the shade the fig bush and a sycamore tree. Yet all I can think about is now sleepy I am. I mean, I could go back in the house and take a nap. But then I would miss all this wonderful shade and cool western breeze. Lisa’s got a few clothes hanging on the line, Boots is behind me trying to catch a squirrel, and I’m still here fighting the temptation to sleep.

I don’t know what to write about or if I should write at all. Sometimes moments are just meant to be moments. I excuse myself by lowering my head and closing my eyes. Just to give myself a spark of inspiration. But it only seems to produce a snore. I lower my head again to the nature around me. But who do I think I’m fooling, because I’m only going to snore again.

If you stayed here this long, you might as well ride it out. I do enjoy lazy afternoons, even if it’s only a Thursday. Still, I miss my river, the white sand between my toes. An obnoxious little teenager who wanting to get dragged everywhere. We wanted so bad just to get away from that water. Yet here we are dying to go back. Life and circumstance change, but what the heart desires changes very little. Things like a simple “I love you”. The warmth of a body in the night. The little ticks and quarks we never forgot about each other. They all add up to memories, memories we keep, memories we cherish, and memories we desire. See, now that took a hard left, didn’t it?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Blowing Breeze

Focus on Living