Time & Love Can


I would like to think that the power love has over me, has waned over the years. Yet when I stare at the scars of time and loss, I can’t forget when I called love my own. But the insecurity and impatience of youth lend me astray. Questioning true love, looking the other way for an equal, only to find fool’s gold.

The product of a lost generation, I searched. Finding moments of passion but never fuel for my soul. Drained near depletion I saw your face again. Aged like mine, forever wondering, forever asking, why? So we tiptoe around the politics and red meat of it, teasing ourselves in lite banter. But who are we fooling, certainly not ourselves. Maybe the few that couldn’t see past their own prejudice. Thinking that we never deserved true love.

For you do not own me, nor do I own you. We choose to feel this way. To drop the armor, to reveal our scars, and accept what we see. We leave things unsaid, for we already know. The struggles we have letting others inside. For to show too much flesh gives the enemy an opening. A weakness we desperately need to hide. Yet here we stand revealing ourselves, baring our wounds. Accepting what time and love can only change. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Focus on Living

Blowing Breeze