On & Off


On & Off

I can pretty much deal the rapid changes that occur within myself. The loss of balance, bodily function, and stamina. I take each of these in stride. If I can say nothing of some of my past medications, it would be that they taught me to not look at things so emotionally. Even after changing over to more tolerant meds. I can still turn a switch on and off, that allows me to distance myself from my overactive emotions. 

As the sounds of Stanley Clark radiate through my headphones. I’ve learned to recapture the passions of music and life I thought I had lost. Life has a certain rhythm that we each move to. Mine seems to move towards the syncopated beat, never knowing where it’s going. The freedom of that pulls my mind and emotions to more tolerant places. 

Troubles cover our souls more often than not. The introduction of social media and the rapid movement of information, can create an overload of the senses. Looking back at my initial mental health breakdown, I now see it as sort of a blessing. A reevaluation of who I was and who truly needed to be. Later on my physical deterioration, taught me to slow down and to appreciate life and the things around me. 

As I work my way through yet another physical crisis. I’m reminded of the value of appreciation and the gift letting go. Listen, I don’t really expect you to understand every word I’m saying. There are people out there way smarter than me that can explain it. These are just the ramblings of a broken man. A broken man that has learned to just pick up the pieces and build again. That’s because, you learn from the past, remain optimistic of the future, and for God’s sake live in the damn moment. 

#randomthoughts #emotions #life #rebuild #learn #pickingup #awareness #survival #mindfulness #quietyourmind #breathe #inthemoment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Blowing Breeze

Focus on Living