Accentuate


Today started out pretty good, got some editing done on my book in the early morning. But then I decided to go for a short hike in the park before checking on George. I took a trail I hadn’t been on in a while. It has a lot of elevation changes for short trail, but I enjoy the twist and the scenery. That’s until I noticed I was getting a bit light-headed.

I had my cane with me, so I kept my balance without falling. I made to the halfway point and headed back, sat in the Kia for a little bit, and drove to my daughter’s. After checking on George, I had to run over to the grocery store. But again, while pushing the buggy around, I started getting light-headed again. It’s kinda weird to describe, it feels like you’re about to faint as the blood drains from your head.

I’ve mentioned this to my PCP and cardiologist. They’ve told me it might happen if I get up too quickly or turn my head suddenly. That is mostly due to keeping my blood pressure low because of my broken heart. It’s yet another one of those “inconveniences” I have to deal with. I guess the point here is, remain aware of your limitations.

I nearly walked into the woods without my cane. I would have looked sad crawling out without it. Same goes for the store, there definitely would have been a “clean-up on aisle four”. I get accused of not taking shit like this seriously. But don’t think for a second, I’m not aware. Life gives you what it gives you: good, bad, and ugly. It’s up to you how you take on each circumstance and make it work. So stop mourning the things you can no longer do, and accentuate the things you still can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Focus on Living

From Myself