Just Another Day

Just got back from my daughter’s, George is fine BTW. The clothes on the line are pretty much dry, I cranked the Ranger up to clean out the fuel lines, and the cats are lining up to get in my lap like I’m a mall Santa Claus. Just another day in South Central Georgia. Not that I’m complaining, I mean I wish I could be still be working, talking to clients across the world at three in the morning. Overseeing projects and writing systems plans.

But fate or poor genetics or both landed me here; not so much kicking, but at least I’m breathing. Gratitude runs in all kinds of directions. I mean, you can be grateful for 100 billion dollars you’re not paying taxes on. Or you’re grateful to simply be able to put food on the table. Me, I’m somewhere in-between. Not very rich, but with food in the garden. At the moment, I’m just happy to just be typing. Because after my chores and cat rubbing were done, my heart started skipping a few beats, leaving me a little out of breath and lightheaded. But don’t worry, I ain’t dead yet.

The EMC lineman next door should be pulling in to restock and turn in their work orders. Down the highway loggers and factory workers are heading home. I’m sure a few are grateful for what they have. I’m sure many are wanting a little more. But that’s okay, I don’t fault no one for wanting to better themselves. I’m back in the house now, curtains draw and the air going. Feeling better now that I got me some tea and lemon and a heating pad. Be grateful for what you have, don’t let fear, bitterness, jealousy an otherwise good day.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Focus on Living

From Myself