Too Tried to Journey

As some may know, I have good and bad days. On the good days I'm ready to "hit the ground running" and take on whatever challenge I have to face. Then their are the bad days where I'm doing good to pull my head out of from under the covers. This may not the best response to give especially when courting employers, but it's an honest one. So if your an employer who wants only one-sided people who bounce off the walls, then maybe it's best we don't work together. 

That said, when the bad days do come it usually means I require putting forth extra focus and extra effort to do what I have to do. A good example is a few weeks ago I had an assignment to do and needless to say it was during a bad day. Well I sat in front of my monitor for a while thinking, "I really don't want to do this". But as usual I pushed myself to complete the assignment. During the following week I wasn't looking forward to my grade on that paper. But to my surprise, the paper that I have to force myself to complete ended up getting me a very good grade and review. Not a perfect grade, but a grade to be proud of none the less. 

If I have learned nothing else in the past four years it is to accept who lives in my skin. To accept that I'am not perfect and that through faith and a belief in myself, I can make the journey. Even, if I'm too tried to journey. I wrote a piece a long time ago about being me in a "Red Bull World", it basically spoke about the way any people feel the need to simulate themselves just to make it through their day. For me, being at peace with myself and understanding where I stand in this life is what matters. At times though I do get impatient with myself and want this track I'm on to speed up a bit. 

But I'm learning that to get what is waiting for me in this life, I have to be patient. And, to not rush out and simple settle for what stands before me. Because if I do, I'll never make it to the real goal that's laid out for me. You see, there are precious few things that are given to you. The rest of it you must earn for yourself.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living