What Education Give Me

As some of you may know I'm two months away from my graduation. An event that I find myself quite calm about, other than being ready to get it thing over with already. Today I found myself listening to a live streaming webcast about higher education and it's real value. So while I listened to the back and to banter it got me to thinking. What value have a gotten or I'm I going to get from my degree?

My answer to that question goes well beyond the any monetary value I'll get from that piece of paper. And, to be honest that piece of paper is as valuable to me as my marriage license and my children's birth certificates. Because that piece of paper represents a commitment I made to myself to finish my program. Just as those other pieces paper represent my commitment to my bride and to our love and to our family. I know that may sound a bit heavy, but proving to myself that I can finish this, is as earth changing to me as the days I signed and committed to those other documents. 

Like many my diploma was a means to an end, a better job, better income, better life. But over the years it has become something more. It has tested my commitment, challenged my intellect, and forced me to realize I can succeed at bettering myself. It has taught me to look beyond what I see and to understand I don't have to limit myself because of what's in the mirror. 

I guess the point of all this is, no matter if you go back to school or not. Try each day to be better than you were the day before. Stagnation can only lead to death, but to improve your on yourself a little everyday keeps the waters of your soul fresh and sweet.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living