What Do I Need to Invent to get you to Hire Me?

Over the last three or so classes I've been taking courses with pretty much the same group of people. All of whom are either in my concentration or real close to it. So for the first time since my associate studies I've kinda of gotten to know my classmates. A few of my classmates have commented to me that my fellow employees and employer must be glad to have you on their team. Because of my grasp of business analysis. I think I've surprised them by telling them that I have been out of work for nearly two years and that so far not one employer with an opening in business analysis has even given me an interview. Two of my classmates have even told me of openings within their own organizations that need filling, which I'd be glad to look at only if they were not across the country from me.

You get a little frustrated when you see so many job openings that I know are not being filled. Yet it appears none of these businesses are willing to look at your application. I sit and think, "if I had only invented the Internet, maybe that business would hire me as a low-level analyst." For so long I was told an education is the key, it's your "golden ticket" to a great career. At this point I've come to the conclusion that "money talks and bullshit walks" meaning, it's never what you know, it's who you know. Maybe if an under staffed or no staffed HR department would take the time to read a resume instead of letting a program scan it, they can find that there are hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of Americans that can do the jobs that their looking for the Internet inventor to do. If just one HR person would actually speak to me they'd see maybe I can do the job.

I'm sorry, I usually try and stay optimistic about my life and my dreams. But sometimes you got to vent. I went in to getting my education so I can use all the potential the good Lord gave me. Instead I guess trying to better myself is nothing more than a big waste of my time. I know, I know, I should not feel that way. But I have learned if you don't let those demons out, they never go away.

I guess I'll keep putting out applications and resumes, cause someday I'm going to make a lot of HR's look really stupid. Especially when there competitors call them and thank them for not hiring me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living