Lazy Day

As much as I hate to say it, today's kinda' been a lazy day. For the first time in weeks it wasn't a steam bath just sitting on the porch this morning. There were a few good games on TV today. And, I got a really good nap in the early afternoon. Some of you may think, "Why do you hate saying it was a lazy day." "Doesn't everyone deserve a lazy day every once-in-a-while?"

I guess my answer would be, I spend everyday in school trying to complete my goals. I'm either reading, researching, or writing, and when I'm not doing that, I'm waiting on teammates to turn in things. When I'm not in school, I'm networking and/or filling out applications for work. I have heard that you should treat job searching like a 40 hour a week job. But after 2 years, I think of it as a sunrise to beyond sunset job. So when I do take a day to just rest, I feel like I could be missing out on an opening somewhere. Even this morning I was checking in at school and searching emails. Even now as sunset falls, I am working on a school project, checking emails, and writing this piece.

I guess the point of this blog is, for me this is a lazy day. Yet, none of my resumes are answered and none of my calls returned. But some people still accuse me of being lazy because I haven't gone back to work yet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze