Out of Your Need, Give

I know that I don't have to tell any of you how bad the economy here in the U.S. and in the world is right now. Not only do we hear it on the news, but we see it at work, and you see it at home, because your out of work. Each day millions of us decide, is it the lights or food. We have all learned some hard lessons about how easy it is to go from doing OK to going to bed hungry just to feed our kids. 

These are times only my Grandparents could recall, that my Dad (if he were alive) could remember from his childhood in the 30's & early 40's. But you don't need me to remind you how bad things are. We are living it each day. 

Now that I've cheered everyone up, let me get to my point. Although, many of us face hardships with paying bills and meeting our obligations. There are still way too many who, face even harder times. They look at the upcoming bills and have to decide which utility they can live without this month. Or rather they can skip two, three, or more meals just to have gas to get to work. 

And while, you instincts may say, "my four and no more". Deep inside you know you were not raised that way. We all know that too many fall through a "donut hole" of being working poor. In a situation where you make too much to get help and not enough to feed your family. Some of you reading this may be in that situation. 

My faith says, "give", and not just from your bounty, but from "your" need. A story from my book of faith says the poor widow give more because she gave all she had, even though the rich give more. I guess the point here is, don't hope that someone else is doing the giving. A church, a business, a millionaire, it's up to all of us. 

So next time you start writing checks for your bills, think about what you can give. Hey, five dollars is five dollars, and if that's all you can spare, then spare it. (How bad do you need that McWhopper widowmaker anyway?) We are a people of compassion, answering even our enemies calls for help, in time of need. So how much more should you help your neighbor? Give.

Link to Salvation Army      

Link to Feeding America


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze