Work Over Will Power

It seems to me that people today are either moving too fast or not at all. At work, people are either working too many hours or not enough. When traveling, we are either on the go too much or not moving at all. With our families, again, we either don't have enough time together or we see each other too much. 

I tend to class myself with not enough's, although I have also been a too much. I empathize with those on both sides of this coin. While making ends meet or being successful, you loss time watching your kids grow up and out. Or you desperately look for ways to feed our family, while worrying at night about how your children will ever see the light of day. Yes, both things make us pay a price. 

I can't sit here and offer anyone a simple answer as to what to do in either situation. I believe each of you knows that answer already. What I can tell you is, no answer is an easy answer. Each one requires dedication and developing the path to make the answer a habit. I watched one of our "armchair" TV experts one day make a fairly true statement. They said, "Willing our way to success can never work. It takes putting in long hard hours of work to make it happen." 

I guess the point to all this is, are you willing to work at it? Too many times in my life I started something, but didn't finish it. So in turn, I thought myself a failure. Which over time, I worked at and made happen. It took me doing the total opposite to reverse that trend. Each day I had a little success, then another, till things got done. That went on until pretty soon all those bricks I laid together became a strong house of small successes. 

Are you getting what I'm saying?

No victory is ever one battle. It's a series of small battles that drive an opponent farther and farther back. Until the ground is taken. If your unhappy with what you see around, no time for yourself or family. Or no hope for a future. You can seize that vision you have, and despite anything around you, brick-by-brick can be laid, and success can be won.       
      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze