Doesn't Mean I Shouldn't

Earlier this morning I finished up a letter to the career coach I've been assigned. Hopefully at the end of our discussions I'll have a better handle and focus on my next career move. Later I went to our local market to pick-up some items for supper (that's dinner to some of you). Anyway, my old friend the asst. manager was working. Since I was the only one in the store, we caught up for a minute about what's going on with ourselves.

As I told her about how optimistic I was about this career coach, she sorta' shrugged it off saying, "Ah, you ain't goin' nowhere, and neither 'am I". Not wanting to get too deep, I just let the words roll off and said good-by.     

As I put up the groceries and come into the office to study, it occurred to me, how many more people like her and maybe myself feel the same way? You see, over five years ago, before the economy fell through, I made a plan for myself. A plan where I wasn't going to simply settle for whatever I could find in a job. I wanted to hone my God given skills into a career path that in my remaining time means something, if to no one else mean something me. 

I realize I sound like a broken record, because a lot of my 80+ post are about this very subject. But I can't keep telling myself enough, "Am I going to keep settling for less or am I going to see this plan to the end?" I mean, so far this has taken 5 years of my life and ten of thousands of dollars. Hell, I could have brought a really nice four door F-150, with candy apple red paint, and paid for it by now.

I guess my point here is, just because I'm still standing where I was five years ago, doesn't mean I shouldn't keep working for the dream I want. And that includes any of you reading this now. So either work your ass-off and get to your goals or continue to talk and hope and do nothing, till you end up nowhere.

I don't like sounding like a hard ass or a bad motivational tape. But if you know you're not where you want to be, then move toward it. In my case I know I've worn out my welcome here and things need to move. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living