No One's An Island

After being laid-up in bed for a week, I guess if nothing else I've learned or at least been reminded, that no one's an island. You see, I think of myself as being pretty self-reliant, the one who takes care of things. Well when something puts you flat on your back, it tends to grab your attention. And, discovering that I can't do it all has certainly grabbed my attention. 

No matter how hard me try and micromanage our lives there are times when you have to let go of the reins. Sometimes you just have to lay there, listen to others, and let things fix themselves. And, let me tell you this isn't easy to do. When you're use to doing it yourself, allowing others to help is the worst. Or at least it feels that way.

My point is, all of us have a limit. And when you reach your's don't be afraid to ask for help. There actually may be someone who wants to help, but you won't let them. Don't be afraid to let go. Control isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes. Being a leader doesn't always mean leading. It can mean teaching, let that teaching shine through in others. By allowing yourself the rest you require. There will be times to come, where you're glad you took it.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living