Another Season in Hell

While most are having a good Memorial Day weekend, I found myself fighting the physical problems I've been fighting had for a few weeks. And while I believe this will clear up soon enough, it doesn't make the trip any easier to take. Another Season in Hell is loosely based on Rimbaud's work. Where you sometimes must take a journey and be tried by fire so you can come out a little maturer and a bit more complete. 

I feel that we all sometimes make these trips, and come out the other end, for better or for worse, changed. So do we try and avoid these trips? We can, but I feel eventually they catch-up to us when we need change. What do we do when these things hit us? For myself the thing I try and do is see if there's something about myself that needs adjusting (mental, physical, or both). Or see if it's a moment where I simply need to stop, learn, and listen. 

I guess the thing is, when you find yourself "broadsided" by life. Clear out the debris, see that you're OK, and go on from there. Now that may sound a bit abbreviated, but think of it as the Cliff Notes answer to what may be a very complicated question. 

What I mean here is, that each of us has their own Season in Hell to walk. So for me to tell you how to walk your journey might be a bit much. But just remember, it's a season and seasons do change.         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living