Disillusioned

I was laying here with my best friend the heating pad thinking about the grades I got for last week's assignments. Despite how nit-picky I feel the Instructor is, after giving the grade time to soak in, I think the Instructor was right. Last week I was fairly disillusioned with the course, with life, and with myself, and it showed in my school work. 

You know sometimes, we go about our day disillusioned with everything. Which can leave everything we touch void of effort or being our best. A lot of times with my current situation I end up losing faith or being disenchanted with my dreams. Because when you set goals for yourself that take a long time, this can happen you become disillusioned. 

Maybe the problem is we live in a time where we simply expect instant solutions. Much like when we were children in the backseat of the car crying, "are we there yet?" We've lost patience in the art of planning and setting long-term goals. I can certainly say that I do. The best example I can think of, is how it seems emotion plays a such major role in the stock market. Because to me all it takes the send to stock market into a tailspin is one negative word. That most of the time isn't even been confirmed.

In our own lives emotions rule us, but in order to take dreams (emotions) and turn them into reality (goals) we have to be prepared for the long haul. And, saying, "are we there yet?", isn't going to help. You have to think in the long term and how each little step adds up. Still it's only natural to be disillusioned when the goal can't be seen yet. 

I'm doing my best to keep in mind that my long-term goals are simply made up of smaller goals, that themselves are made up of even smaller goals. Realizing my journey is simply one foot in front of another. With all that has been going on these past two weeks and realizing that I have only slipped a couple of times. I realize how far I have gone on this journey, because just a few years ago, I would have long given up and crawled away. 

Roadmaps and planning are for a reason, and not just to tell you how far your destination is. They can tell you where you are, where you have been, and how far you have to go to reach my goal. Disillusionment is only natural, just make sure it doesn't rule your life.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living