Rethinking

It's 4:20 am and here I am again looking for a way to go back to sleep. Well if you know me,  I hate wasting a minute, so here I go putting down my random thoughts. This is the first time I've sat for any length of time in my normal desk and chair. My injury left me in too much pain to sit and write for nearly five weeks. So during my last class, I've was doing all my assignments and this blog flat on my back with a laptop on my belly. But hey, it worked and I made it through the course.

Right now I am on a bit of a sabbatical, allowing the physical problems I'm having to heal while working on another situation or two. It's 4:30 now, so this may ramble, but I been doing some rethinking. Rethinking my goals, my career, my situation, and myself. Don't worry, I don't plan to shave my head or throw a bong out the window. Just slowly take my time to re-evaluate where things are right now. 

You know, sometimes in life we get to going so much we allow hours, days, weeks, months, even years, go by without really stopping and asking ourselves. Is this where I planned to be? Or is this where I want to end up? These are the questions I'm asking myself now. 

Sometimes your mind uses your body to tell you that may have taken a wrong direction, and that a course correction is needed. I do my best to listen to all my senses. You see while working in security, walking all those dark quite buildings, you use every sense you have. After a while, I could pick up on the slightest difference in sound through the hum of a number of electric motors. And by being able to do that, I saved a few clients production time and maintenance cost. So when something doesn't feel right, you should pay attention. 

I suppose what I'm saying is, as you go about doing what duty you're called to do. Don't let signals from within go ignored. Stop and look at where you are every now and then. Don't just pause and go, "damn, has it been ten years?" Live your life on your terms. You'd be surprised with what you can live without. But there are some things you can't truly live without Love, Family, Faith, and Peace. So don't let yourself lose them.  

It's now 4:51 am, goodnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living