Potentially Lost

You know there are days when nothing can stop you. You get up set the agenda for the day and steady ride that course until you're done. Then there are times when we get side-tracked and are forced to pause whatever it was we were doing. So by the time we get back on the road we have to find a road sign to see where we are. We get potentially lost, losing the focus that we once had.

This happens to me a lot. I get knee deep into a project, then stop. I end up having to totally change gears and look at something different. Now I have nothing against multi-tasking, just as long as it's part of the game plan. It's just sometimes my whole focus needs to be on one thing and when that focus is interrupted, aaagggghhhh!  

Lately I've been feeling this way, not having the focus or the energy to read a road sign. Just wanting to pull the car over, turn off the ignition, get out, and leave the keys in it. I mentioned this to my oldest daughter (who just got out of a very difficult course at school herself). She wisely told me that I may be simply "burned out". And that may be true, but I just took a week off from work and class a few weeks ago.

I think may be the problems lies in being mentally beat up along with being physically beat up. The limitations and pain this injury has given me can really work on your mental state and focus as well. But if pushing myself for four + years has taught me anything it's taught me this. To brush off the dirt and wipe the blood of my lip to get back in the saddle and head straight to the sunrise.

That's the only way to complete your journey. With focus and determination, realizing that every so often you have to take a detour to get where you want to go. With an occasional rest stop thrown in so you can enjoy the ride.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living