Enough Reflecting Already!

Depending on what you do for a living, having these two holidays on Wednesday is either a blessing or a cause. For me it's a little of both, because when I need to find a client or call on a business you're rolling the dice as to rather they're working or not. So needless to say, I've had a lot of downtime these two weeks. 

With the amount of free time I've had you'd think I would be spending time with family or a hobby or something. Well the problem with that is my family (our four) are grown and are doing what they have do. As far as hobbies, most all mine are outdoors (nature photography, hiking, and gardening) and it seems like it has rained the entire two weeks. So what I'm I left with? Reading and writing my blogs. 

The problem here is the last two posts I made were pretty much my thoughts for the season and the upcoming New Year. So I feel I've done enough reflecting already. Thankfully, my dear wife is never without things to do. And, she suggested using this time to do so housecleaning, wives are good this way (Note: she's standing near me right now).  

But while we have been cleaning and rearranging it did occurred to me that clearing the clutter in my life at this time of year may not be a bad thing. Each of us often uses the New Year as a time to pull off the old and put on the new. And, while sitting here filing away long overdue papers it reminded me of how hurried we sometimes get. Allowing things that should have been put away to just lay around and take up previous space.

But isn't that how it is sometimes, we allow things to clutter our lives.

As I try and tie all this together and a New Year is just a day or two away, consider this. Put an end to reflecting on the things that can't be changed. Then start gathering up the clutter of the past and start living in the here and now. Happy New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living