Obstacles

You know I usually write about stuff I'm either familiar with or stuff I've have gone through. So being the creature of habit that I am, this should be no different. On a number of occasions I've written about overcoming and fighting through whatever it is you're going through to reach a goal in your life. Given that fact and seeing that most of the time I'm a "one trick pony" the word obstacle came to my mind when staring at this blank screen. 

I looked up the word obstacle and funny thing, it means "something that obstructs or hinders progress". (Thank you, dictionary.com) That definition really stuck out to me, mostly because for the word progress. I never really thought the definition of obstacle would be written quite that way. In other words to have an obstacle is to have something stopping your progress.

Maybe we should play a game called, "Count the Obstacles". Where each of us writes down the obstacles in our lives that stop our progress in whatever we're doing. I'd probably enjoy doing that, but I don't have the time or the paper to do it, and I'm pretty sure you don't either. 

I guess my main thought in all this is, make a mental note of what it is that get's in your way. Is it time, is it a situation, or is it having the right frame of mind to move? Whatever it is, understand and acknowledge that it's there. Then look for yourself to see if there's a way to overcoming or move that obstacle(s). 

I know to some these may seem like empty fluffy words you'd find on a fortune cookie. But once you see and except that there is an obstacle, you can then avoid it. Remember life is moving and believing your just sitting there is only a lie we tell yourselves. So while on this journey why not make the best of it and get rid of the obstacles in your way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living