Year in the Rearview

Over the past year I've talked about obstacles and facades and overcoming this or that. It has been my goal to hopefully help someone to do better for themselves. It seems for the past few decades my life had taken an about face. Where the concerns of me, me, me, gave way to us, us, us. But now that the time to let those investments spread their own wings has come. I've more or less have turned to advancing my cause. Still as a partner and parent you never really give up that nurturing sense of yourself. Which I guess is why I write these little pieces to hopefully encourage others.

As I look back at the years in rearview, I've met a number of the goals I set for myself. Each of those goals may not have been perfectly executed but the fight stayed within me to get them done. While on my journey I have met many goals, but the ambition to do more still drives me. Is the reason for this to prove something, maybe? Maybe the proving is to myself. To that voice within that says I can't.

Everyday each of us fights that voice, the voice that says this or that are out of your reach. Thankfully, for some of us that voice is small and doesn't crush all our dreams. But unfortunately for many the voice stops our growth and drowns our potential. Whatever side of the coin you lay know this, you can do better than where you are. The key is tapping into the drive that moves you. 

So as I sit here for a moment and reflect on where I've been this year, I work to plan for the year ahead. And as you think about the year in between the presents and the parties don't forget. To evaluate where you'd like to go as you progress through your journey in this life. 

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living