When an Investment Pays Off

Back In 1987, I met and married my perfect mate. Not that me or her have anything in common, but when your in love you risk the investment. During the next few years,\ we had four kids, two girls and two boys. As each one grew up they developed their own personalities and unique qualities. Me and my wife have never been very well off, mostly we've spent our time and money making sure our kids had what they needed. An investment in the future you can say.

Well, all our investments have completed high school and although it's not been a perfect road each has or is trying their hand at continuing their education. Unfortunately for me and my wife we've only been able to provide the bear essentials during this time. But one thing we hope that we have given them is the drive and will and example that you can do anything thing you want. Just make an investment of your own in your dreams.

Well one of those investments is paying off, with the graduation of my youngest girl. She took what we could give her and struck out on her own and made her investment pay off. And although, situations ain't as we dreamed so many years ago, she has steered a steady ship to her own dream of finishing college. So while for years she may have thought of herself as the second child, she's our first to graduate college. 

You know as a parent you really try and not put one kid over another. Now rather they believe that or not is mute in my mind. I know I love each the same. What kids don't understand until they become parents is, as they grow, each one is an individual. So the attention you give to each varies. What each has yet to realize is that the intensity of your feels doesn't vary, the time may vary, but the intensity doesn't. 

So do I wish things were different, yes. I would have loved to have given them more, but to look back and rejudge each individual decision I made is a cop out. Just believe that through love you did the best you could. 

Because my own life has gone through many phases. I wondered through my youth and I struggled to become my own man for a while. I discovered and lost love, then rediscovered it again. I learned the meaning of true maturity when I became a parent. Discovering there are things in life way more important than yourself. Now I see the harvest of my investments, as the kids become adults on their own. 

So as my quite one truly unfolds her wings and takes off to fly, I hope she carries in her mind and heart. That mom and dad truly love you and that we are so proud you stayed the course. But at the same time we want to warn you. This isn't the end, but a new beginning. Stay true to yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living