Easily Impressed

At the risk of repeating myself (something I have no problem doing) I am easily impressed by people I meet in my virtual journeys around the world. Ever since I begin using about.me to promote my business and general views. I've connected with literally thousands of individuals from across the globe. I know I mentioned it before that I use about.me, but I strongly feel it's worth mentioning again. 

As the title to this post reads Easily Impressed, don't take that to mean that I'm gullible or naive. It's simply a statement of both my limitations and admiration for those who are willing to put themselves out there, risking criticism and outright disdain from others, which I'd sit here and say is the point of this post. 

If you take the world or a country or a group, and judge each individual within it by a standard which you or your click has set, then there's pretty much no hope in relating to others whom are not like you. Now if we to strip our generalities down to the core of love, hate, and survival. I think you can uncover hidden values that each of us can relate to. This isn't to say there will not be any differences even at these levels. It's just that the differences are much smaller and our similarities much bigger. 

Here is where a spiritual concept of ourselves should come in. By that I believe, all humankind is interconnected, first through our physical world, then through a spiritual one as well. In my belief system, God created the universe, then the world, then nature, then humankind. There is no point in arguing the who, why, when, or how because that pushes back to our click. The important thing here is the connection. 

If each of us really looks, there is a pull between us, a sense of tribe, if you will. Most of us see this union from a 50,000 feet standpoint, meaning we see the country or group relationship. But if you look a bit closer, you can see the individual connection, you get what I'm saying right? Honestly, there is probably more that unifies us than divides us.

As I round third and head home, being Easily Impressed shouldn't really be a stretch for anyone. It's simple a matter of accepting the idea that love or the desire for love, abides in nearly everyone. If you take the time and open your heart and mind to see it, then you may be impressed by others yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze