It's All About Balance

You know, there's really nothing more I enjoy then sitting with my laptop and writing. May be it's like hearing yourself talk, but when I do that I tend to ramble. It least with the keyboard, I'm forced to slow down and peck at the keys, but even then I get in such a flow you'd think I was closing my eyes just pecking away creating nonsense. 

For a long time there has been one single statement that has been stuck in my mind, and that is, "it's all about balance." Funny how something like that can rattle around in your head, but there it is. Recently I was watching a film on something called, The Secret. If you don't know what it's about, it basically is a belief that whatever your thoughts good, bad, optimist, or not, that's the type of energy you draw to yourself. So if you have good thoughts you bring to yourself good things, while the opposite can bring to you, you know. 

Personally, I don't totally disbelieve the idea. I'm sure in some ways what you sow is what you'll reap. But I also believe that if you put action to your thoughts or beliefs, those beliefs can come true. But it all starts with a thought. You may ask, how does this line up with "it's all about balance?" 

Well, to have faith in an idea you must believe and place action toward it. For most things faith is just so much, in this physical world your actions represent your faith. So to create a dream for yourself you must have some action moving toward the goal.

Take my little dream as an example, in order to work in IT, I had to educate myself on the subject. So my action was going back and sticking with school. Once I felt confident in what I learned I put myself out there. Has it been all happy rainbows and unicorns, hell no. It's hard work, sometimes too hard. But Lord knows, I wouldn't want it any other way.

So as I finish this ramble, keep this thought. Are you happy where you are? Does your station in this life make you happy? If not then maybe need to change your thoughts and envision a better way. It's all about balance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze