Value of Wondering

You'd think after 290 posts, I'd run out of stuff to say. But truth be told, that's one of the few things I'd probably never have to worry about. My mind's always racing, I realize that sounds a bit ironic coming from someone who expounds the virtues of mindfulness, yet here I am. 

I've spent the past number of days working on building my business and studying the various products. I've tried on a number of occasions to create a new post, but no matter what I put down it just didn't sound right. 

It's interesting how the mind sometimes can seem so laser focused and at other times wandering from one thought to the next. But I don't really want to focus my post so much on sharpening our "focus", as much as, presenting the idea of daydreaming. 

While focus and clarity can create heightened awareness in the moment. There are times when there is value in allowing yourself to daydream and be unfocused. I believe it is in these moments where we can open ourselves up to new avenues of thought and create unique solutions to problems. I realize this sounds contradictory to quieting the mind, but I have seen the value of doing this.

Because not everything is so  black and white and in many areas shades of gray form. It is in these moments where the stark lines of left or right lose their meaning. It is then that the value of random thoughts can shed light. 

A prime example for me would be after many hours of pure concentration on a project, my mind becomes fatigued or worse yet frozen and unable to continue. It's at these moments when breaking away from the task and simply letting my mind wonder works best for me. The ironic part here is after a break a solution usually "pops" into my head. 

I guess in closing I'll simply say, think random thoughts. While there is value in clearing the mind, value can also be found in the random thoughts that race across our mind's eye.  
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze