The Agoraphobic Salesman, Part 2

In my last post I wrote about my mental issues and my desire to not let those problems create a road block in my life. While suffering from agoraphobia brought on by panic disorder, I’m determined not to let not let them be an excuse. My finest example of doing this was going back to school and finishing my degree programs. While you can say, but you did that online and at home, I would reply yes that’s true. But honestly I still had many difficulties and anxiety to overcome, just ask my advisors. 

When Harvard Risk Management gave me the opportunity to sell their services, I more than realized the challenges even a “normal” agent would face. Still I accepted the challenge knowing full well the struggles I’d have. To sit here and tell you it’s been hard would be an understatement. Over the course of time I since starting this position, I’ve had more than my share of disappointment and downright fear. Not just in the rejections I’ve received, but also from the fear of not being good enough for the job. 

You might sit there and say, “Maybe you’re not cut out for this work” and be very sincere saying it. But I’d still have to reply, for me getting out of bed can sometimes be a victory. So if anything I’m smart enough and road wary enough to know my strengths and weaknesses. I done the math and I know what my potential is because, I have had challenges and victories before. So after all this work to just throw up my hands and quit is not in the cards. 

I guess the postscript to all this should be whatever it takes to be victorious. While that sentiment sounds great written out, life sometimes doesn’t always go that way. The thing I’d rather stress is do the best you can. At the moment my success at this hasn’t been very good so if I gave up I don’t think anyone would fault me. Still by charging forward and analyzing each success and defeat I’m getting stronger and wiser. While I still suffer from the haunts of isolation and anxiety, it’s the idea of working through my struggles that gives the most satisfaction.   

Overview of LegalShield which HRMC offers.  
Hey! I am a Sale Rep aren't I?        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze