Hot Afternoon In South Georgia

Amicalola Falls State Park Georgia
This is a post I placed on a website for individuals like myself that suffer from panic and anxiety disorders. I usually write of my own experiences and what I'm doing to live and overcome them for that site. 

After writing this, I thought that the message could relate to others whom, while not suffering chronic from anxiety issues, could use the encouragement all the same. -FDT    

Good Hot Afternoon from South Georgia, USA. I figured since I had a minute or two I'd drop a note about how things are. Well this is the finally week of this course. While the time in these classes are short they are very intense. Cramming a lot of information into a very small time frame. But it appears "third times the charm" and at worst I'll past with a C, but I'm working toward a B.

I suppose the thing I wanted to mention is despite the many setbacks I have had over the past number of years. Ground is being gained with each small victory. I started my most recent academic journey in 2007, but actually it goes back to the mid-1990's. When I started my most recent journey, I had a pretty clear vision as to what I wanted to do. But since then my focus and technology on general have changed.

Now that I'm one course away from my Masters, the greatest thing I had learned is that despite the setbacks I have had (or you may have had for that matter). They can be crawled through at the very least. I wanted to say overcome, but you know I like to keep it real. Because the journey isn't pretty or fun or easy.

So before I dive neck deep into this week of term papers, PowerPoint presentations, and final exams, I'll say this. Sometimes to get what you desire, you have to get uncomfortable, scared, and dirty. But if you didn't the victory wouldn't be as sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living