Worn Out Your Welcome

This subject crosses my mind every so often when I look at where I’m and yet feel so totally dissatisfied. Have any of you felt like that? Usually after a day or two, I get over it and the feeling goes away. But it doesn’t come much as a surprise when it shows up again. 

I guess it comes from my lack of roots. Ever since my family and I moved from Savannah, we have kinda been on our own. Now that doesn’t mean a kind hand or two hasn’t been lent to us every now and then. It’s just a feeling of permanency is lacking in my life. Even though, we have lived in this community for nearly twenty years, the one person that knows me best seems to be my barber. 

I guess I really shouldn’t blame anybody other than myself for that. Maybe I could have been a little more outgoing or maybe more affiliated with the community. Maybe this is just a part of modern life? A post or so back I wrote of the breakdown of community and of neighborhood, of how each in our own little way have isolated ourselves from others. 

In my field of choice I have to deal with the bearers of isolation. Pulling myself away from my comfort zone and presenting the service I represent, but how? In the traditional sense of sales the motto is canvas, cold call, and step out. While that traditional worked for a hundred years, the day of the Fuller Brush Man has long since gone the way of the payphone and Christmas Cards. 

To give you a definitive answer at the moment for this I simply cannot, but I’m working on it. If any of you have suggestions of selling in the information age feel free to drop me a line. For now I’ll continue to do what I can to introduce what I have the best I know how, for the moment.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living