Value of Persevering

Amicalola Falls State Park Georgia
For too long I worried about fitting in. Overthinking that the parts of me that made me unique we’re the parts of me that made me worthless. It took me a while to figure it out that one’s individuality is one’s strength. Or maybe I just got to the point where I don’t really give a rat’s ass anymore? Either way it’s true.

For far too long I’ve allowed myself to be a roadblock. When I started my adventure going back to college, I had a certain set of goals in mind. But since that time things have changed and so have my priorities. Since earning my bachelor’s in 2012, my goals had changed. I felt like there was more to learn, so I started to pursue my MBA.

Now it’s August 2015 and my MBA journey is nearly complete. The goals I had originally set out to complete have changed, but not my attitude toward completing my program. The road toward this end has been full of twists and turns and many times I wanted to quit. 

If I have learned anything in the last 7 years it has been, journeys are full of highs and lows. So enjoy the highs when they come and don’t give up when riding the lows. The value isn’t in what you did during the journey, but in the fact that you persevered towards the goal.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living