Despite How Fine...

Below is what I had written in a private forum for individuals like myself whom suffer from this silent disorder. A disorder that can strike at any time for no particular reason. Hopefully, posting this can help someone out there also who suffers.

Good morning. Despite how fine things may be going in life. There are times when you can't help but have chaos sneak into your life. A perfect example would be this very moment. Earlier in the evening I wasn't feeling my best, still I allowed myself to drift off to sleep. Around 4 am, I awoke with my heart pounding out of my chest trying to catch my breathe. I've been awaken way too many times not to know what may have been going on. Another panic attack more than likely brought on by my sleep apnea. 

You would think after all these years I'd be conditioned to realize that and go back to sleep. But interestingly the panic has such a grip on your mind and body, I end up getting up and going to the living room. So that I don't disturb my wife with what is more-than-likely, another false alarm. 

I end up doing my normal panicked routine, clam myself best I can, talk myself down from the fear, and check my vitals as best I can. At the moment I decided to jot my thoughts down. It surprises me, as it may you, to see how fluid my line of thinking can be at the moment. But this is how it is with panic, once the initial anxiety levels off, I find myself setting into a calm lucent state. 

To be honest, I'm not sure why I'm even putting any of this down. I suppose I simply wanted a record of where my mind is going at the moment. I also suppose that by leaving a record it gives someone else a chance to see they are not alone. Because the feeling of being alone, is the most frighting feeling of all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze