Who Knows?

It’s been a rough few days for me. As you may or may not know, I’ve been wearing a portable defibrillator/heart monitor. But the damn thing has been going off lately due to a bad connection to my skin. This makes the defibrillator warning tone go off, especially when I sleep at night. As may you have figured out, this hasn't been helping me sleep. Anyway, I got that situation fixed yesterday so I finally got a decent night sleep last night without any alarms. 

Still I woke up this morning feeling a bit bloated, bloated to the point where whatever I put on just "felt" like it was strangling me. Have any of you ever felt like that? It happens to me every now and again. So I decided to change back into my sweats. 

So why am I even mentioning this, who knows? I suppose it's to say, there are times when our thoughts can affect us in different ways. That we can become so sensitive to our own body sensations that at times it can pull us away from the more critical task of simple living day to day. 

I know that at times I can obsess about the silliest little things. Things that the average person would let “roll off their back”. But for me, linger at the front of my brain till all reasonable thought is focused on the one stupid thing. 

While I may not be qualified to offer definitive answers as to why I (we) do these kinds of things. I suppose it's good to know we are not perfect and that in our imperfection we should work to make peace with ourselves. Because I believe loving who we are (I am) is the first step to having peace of mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze