The Moment



I gladly admit that I'm very introspective, I'm always looking into myself and asking myself why. I suppose we all do that at sometime or another. It's just that I feel I cornered the market on being introverted by doing it so much. Maybe my habit comes from the hours, days, and years I spent working by myself. I guess you can say I learned to become my own best company. But in reality I do enjoy the company of others, just chatting away at whatever thought blows in the wind. 

I guess being this way makes it hard for me to understand how others can live on autopilot. Meaning they just live day after day seemingly unaffected by the passage of time. I have friends and family like this, they age and their habits change, but deep down they are no different in mindset or attitude then they were 20 or 30 years ago. I don't know why, but I kinda feel bad for them. That each day they miss the experience of living in the moment. That they somehow simple stopped growing and learning, that they are blind to fact that learning and questioning are a part of living.


Lord knows, I don't mean to put myself in a position of judgement or superiority over anyone. But if I've learned nothing in the last several years it's that, questioning of what is fair and how things are done, is the responsibility of each of us. It is the fundamental God given power we have to choose, to say to ourselves and society as a whole that this is right or this needs to change. 

How do we grow as a people (by that I mean all humans) if we don't look to the common values we all share. To foster understanding, to create for the common good, to allow ourselves to live in peace and tolerance with one another. This cannot be done without looking within ourselves and asking, why? 

In closing, these words can be applied to all areas of our lives. In the world we live in, in the way we conduct business together, and in the way we relate to our families and those who are different. It's simply allowing ourselves to be open to what we may now not understand and find a common path to understanding and tolerance.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze