It Sometimes Happens


FD Thornton 2017

As it sometimes happens, I was awakened by the call of nature. Walking to the bathroom I noticed my arms and head were “light”. So I stopped by the kitchen, picked up the jar of peanut butter, a spoon, an apple, and some bread; then headed to the study. Considering the multitude of ailments I suffer, I pretty much knew what was going on. And with a little “poke and stick” I confirmed my sugar was a bit low.

After filling my empty belly with a couple of half peanut butter and apple sandwiches, I now lay here waiting for slumber to return. It's interesting how “cause and effect” can impact our lives. For one the medicines I take to keep my heart pumping, also cause a large amount of fluids and nutrients to leave my body. This in turn affects my blood glucose levels. It's always a balancing act between what you do and how it affects ourselves and others. 

Have you ever really considered how even the most subtle choices you make affect other's lives? A slight comment to a co-worker or the snap of anger at a checkout clerk all these things affect the lives around you, in either a positive or negative way. The point here isn't to make you feel like you have to walk on eggshells worrying about what's about to come out of your mouth. The point is to be aware of your actions and how they can affect others. Also when you do make a mistake, own up to it and apologize, you'll be the better for it.  And by the way, peanut butter and apples are really great together. Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze