The Advice Column

I never thought I'd see the day where I would be too busy to catch up with myself, but apparently I have. The past few weeks have been pretty busy between editing the new book and keeping up with the writing I’m currently doing. Between answering emails and talking to fans, yes I said fans. I often wonder if I'm putting too much on myself out there?

But that's a good thing isn't it? Wasn't that the goal here to take the talent God gave me and spread my story. When I began this journey all I wanted to do is find myself again. But what do you do when you discover that you were the problem all along, what do you do then? It's a little too late for me to tear the play book and start over, right?

Maybe the best thing I can do is refine the playbook. Tweak a few things you know are wrong and work from there. In my life there are a few things about myself I'd just assume forget. But trying to forget them sometimes only makes you remember them more. Maybe the thing is to accept the flaws you have and work to overcome them, to turn them into assets instead of liabilities. In my own life I know I can be a bit critical of myself and the people around me. But I'm working this and reminding myself no one's perfect and to just let some things fall as they may.

You may ask that's it, that's how you do it? That's all there is? Like I said, it may not be a great plan, but at the moment it works for me. And isn't that all we can do? Try. So thank you for listening to my sad story, and remember to love yourself, the rest is easier (?). Don't just give in, fight for what you know is right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze