Small Against Nature


I never was much of a nature boy, I like to think of myself as someone who respects nature. Someone who gets what we have is finite and not in endless supply. I also get the in order to lead the lives we do, the using of resources has to happen. But when are we going to realize as our greed and appetites grow, so to does our responsibility to be wise with what we have.

A single man against nature is small, but when compounded by billions, the tables turn. The pull on our natural world has become great. And no matter rather you believe in climate change or not. We all have seen in our lifetimes what pollution and trash can do to the environment. The thing is we seem to think the problem will go away if we ignore it or put it in a black plastic bag on the curb Monday and Friday.

But the truth is it doesn't go away, years ago I actually worked security at a garbage dump. My job was to keep trespassers out and watch for fires. Not exactly a glimmer job, even for a security job. But it did teach me a strong smelling message about what we cast aside. My point is simple, this world isn't disposable so let's quit treating that way. If my time here in purgatory has taught me one thing it is this, all life is precious and one false move can have a ripple effect. So make yourself a little more aware of the greater world around you. You never know what one act of kindness will do, for yourself and the greater world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze